Charcoal water filter– Contaminated water will be affecting a lot of health in the coming generation.
Look at your water before blaming your diet. Now a days lot of disease are arising from water called water-borne diseases.
Activated charcoal is used to filter water by removing impurities like chlorine, dust and heavy metals etc to get pure and clean drinking water.
The use of activated charcoal has been impacting a lot of health worldwide.
Activated Charcoal Water Filter Benefits
Activated Charcoal has several health benefits to body. Experts say that activated charcoal doesn’t absorbs toxins but it adsorbs toxins.
The activated charcoal has many tiny pores in its surface. Also an activated charcoal consist of negatively charged ions which works like a magnet.
The Charcoal when passes through your bloodstream adsorbs the pollutants and heavy metals that keeps floating inside your body and more likely to make you fall sick.
Well we often keep asking each other to drink plenty of water to keep body free from toxins but what if our water is contaminated by harmful toxins, therefore treatment of water by charcoal is very important to get clean water.
This water will show several benefits in our overall body. Some of them are:-
- Charcoal immediately traps the impurities like heavy metals, pesticides and waste. This is the main importance of fluoride.
- Regular water contaminated with fluoride causes teeth discolouration therefore activated charcoal promotes oral health.
- Activated charcoal filters water and prevents bloating. Charcoal water filter must be used during diarrhea when there is excess accumulation of waste in body.
Charcoal Water Filter Complete Benefits and Buying Guide
There are few charcoal water filters to buy to remove the impurities from your tap water. You can usually make your tap water a drinking water with these charcoal filters:-
IPPINKA Charcoal water filter sticks – Our Top Pick
- Also called Kishu Binchotan Charcoal.
- Coming from Japan, the charcoal has excellent purification properties and absorbs all kinds of impurities from air and water.
- Filters impurity within 4 hours.
- Binchitan Charcoal are rare and designed to fit through any bottle.
- Due to the binchotan filter alkaline nature, it softens and adds taste to water.
- Charcoal can be recycled by breaking into pieces and placing in plants.
- Shows health benefits for 99% users.
- IPPINKA Bamboo Charcoal Water filter
- Bamboo Charcoal from Japan helps remove chlorine from water and reduces foul taste and enhances the taste.
- Also used to cook rice by adding rice, charcoal together in pressure cooker.
- Charcoal must be replaced within 6 weeks of use.
- The filter life once over it can be recycled by breaking into piece and used as natural deordizer.
- The Charcoal filter must be sterilizer weekly atleast once for over 10mins.
Black+Blum charcoal water filter – Our Top Pick
- Another Binchotal charcoal from Japan used used from centuries to filter water.
- Black+Blum Charcoal fits in all kinds of bottle, jug or kettle and you just need to fill up the bottle with water and let the charcoal act and enjoy the water.
- The activated charcoal filter absorbs the impurities to carbon surface but retains essential minerals like calcium and magnesium back to water.
- The lifespan of sticks are upto 6 months.
- Reusable to grow plants
Charcoal Water filter for Pet
PetStandard Premium Charcoal Filter
- The premium petstandard charcoal filter provide pure water for your pet.
- The charcoal purifier has 6 components that reduce the settling of charcoal within filter.
- The filter also removes bad taste, odour etc.
- Filter must be replaced 1 month of use.
MOSPRO Activated Carbon filter
- The filter must be replaced every 3 to 4 weeks of use. But if you have more pet it needs more frequent replacement.
- The carbon filter works on electricity, in case the power goes the water is left in the reservoir.
- The water needs to be changed every 4 days.
- Rinse the filter with water before using it to prevent the charcoal dust from shedding.
- The carbon dust released is not harmful for your pet.
How does Charcoal filter impurities from water
Charcoal Water Filter Complete Benefits and Buying Guide 2020
Basically charcoal is used to trap impurities present in the water. But how do you create a charcoal to absorb dust and impurities?
In this process a substance like wood, bamboo, coconut is burned in absence of oxygen to create char. After burning, the substance needs to be heated at high temperature and get6 expose to different gases.
The both process makes it extremely porous and thus we call it activated charcoal. Once we get an activated charcoal, the increased substance can bind with any substance.
This way the charcoal will be able to attract any dust or impurities.
Activated charcoal is non-toxic, so it can be exposed to water to act as magnet and absorb chlorine, dust, iron and all impurities.
The activated charcoal has been used by Japanese people since 17th century to filter water. This way the water has been free from chemicals and toxic.
The charcoal stick can be kept in your water pot, water container etc. Within 4 to 6 hrs the charcoal stick absorbs all impurities from water and gives fresh and pure drinking water.
The activated charcoal doesn’t interacts with essential minerals in water.
FAQ on charcoal water filter
Is charcoal good for filtering water?
Charcoal is excellent source for water filteration. Charcoal filter attracts impurities from water and gives fresh and clean puter which is good to drink.
Do charcoal water filters work?
Charcoal Water Filter Complete Benefits and Buying Guide 2020
Charcoal filter shows result after 3 to 4 hour. The charcoal has been an excellent filter used by japanese since ages.
The filter acts as a natural purifier and traces of charcoal doesn’t harm your body. Infact the filter passes through the bloodstream attracting all the impurities and heavy metals for removal.
What kind of charcoal is used for water filters?
There are various type of charcoal used for water filter.
Basically charcoal cannot be used to filter impurities unless it is in activated form. Once it is in activated form it can be used to treat drinking water.
The various charcoal are mentioned above.
How do you purify water with charcoal?
A charcoal is useless until it is in activated form. To get filtered water water, activated charcoal helps to adsorb all the impurities from water and gives clean water to drink.
You can get activated charcoal directly from Amazon, Click here to buy or you can make in home.
Ingredients required are:- Charcoal, Mortar and Calcium Chloride or lemon juice.
- First take fresh charcoal and wash it with water and wait for several hour until its dry.
- Grind the charcoal into its powder form using mortar and pestle.
- Now the calcium chloride needs to be grind until powder form.
- Add 300 to 400ml of water as per required volume and add calcium chloride powder in it.
- Next add the activated charcoal powder in it and leave it for 24 hrs.
- When you open the box you see some amount of impurities floating at the top remove the impurities and the light.
- The hard semisolid liquid At the bottom is activated charcoal.
- Put the activated charcoal in the oven for 2 hr at 100 degree celsius.
- Cool down and Now you get activated charcoal.
How does charcoal filter water?
Charcoal helps to adsorb toxins from the water on its surface. The surface of charcoal contains pores this attracts the impurities.
Large number of impurities like dust, dirt, pollutants, chloride, pesticides, heavy metals like lead, zinc etc are adsorbed by charcoal.
The charcoal stick helps to pull the impurities towards it, it starts to show action within 3 to 4 hour and the water can be completely safe to drink.
But charcoal cannot remove microorganisms like bacteria, fungi and viruses.
How to filter water using sand, charcoal and gravel?
Below is the video that explains to filter water using charcoal, sand and gravel.